NG 900/9-3 Green Roller
From The Saab Tech Wiki
Revision as of 15:45, 18 November 2009 by Mbcullen (Created page with '==Overview== The green rollers that connect the scissor lift to the window in the front door of the 900 and 9-3 break frequently, usually resulting in the window falling into the…')
The green rollers that connect the scissor lift to the window in the front door of the 900 and 9-3 break frequently, usually resulting in the window falling into the window frame. They are easy to replace, and fairly inexpensive.
- Latex gloves
- Torx drivers - for removing door panel
- Pin - to pop out plastic pin on end of door panel
- Paper towels
- 2 new green window roller
- Remove screws from door panel. There are six total - 1 behind the door handle, two behind the door pull, three at the very bottom of the door.
- Remove the plastic retainer above the door latch. With some skill and luck you can pull out the center pin with a needle in order to reuse it. Otherwise it breaks and you get to buy an overpriced replacement from the dealer.
- Pull off the door panel with a slight counterclockwise twist to get it over the lock and out from under the under the sail.
- Remove the outer foam from the door without tearing it.
- Remove the inner foam from the door without tearing it.
- If necessary, pry the pins out of the broken green rollers to remove the old rollers from the metal track in the window.
- Remove green rollers from window.
- Position the window in the tracks and make sure that the weather stripping is correctly positioned.
- Slide the window up and down to make sure it is properly seated in the tracks.
- Clean old grease out of the window track.
- Grease the track and put your new green rollers in.
- Use the window regulator to set the scissor lift at a height that you can reach behind the window and press it into the rollers with the heel of your hand.
- Pop the scissor lift into the rollers until you get to the first click.
- Move the window up and down a few inches to make sure everything is operating smoothly.
- Press the scissor lift into the green rollers until you get a second harder, louder click.
- Put both pieces of foam back on the door.
- Roll the door panel back into position, clockwise.
- Position the door panel so that the plastic rivet things line up with their holes.
- Press the door panel in place.
- Put door handle in position and test it.
- Put all of your screws back into place.